My mom, Evelyn, lives in Colorado Springs and at the turn of the year, they had 75mph winds that caused all kinds of trouble for fence owners and anybody with a roof. I was unaware of what was happening because I live 2 hours north but she called me and said, "I need help". I asked what was going on and she said her fence blew over. She then told me about the winds and all the details.
She asked if we could fix it and I said sure we could. What we decided though was to see if the homeowner's insurance would fix it. As you've probably guessed they said no and a fence builder gave her an estimate that was for part of the fence (just the parts that blew over). I can't remember exactly his quote but I knew we could do it for cheaper than that and do the whole thing, not just parts.
I went down and took some measurements and we got started. We actually with a good clean up of the area and by removing the old fence. While most of it was down, there were some posts to remove, etc. Next, we rented an auger and drilled some holes and set our posts in concrete. Then the rails went up, followed by all the pickets. We also built two gates for easier yard access. Other than losing 4 days to weather, we had things wrapped up in less than 10 days.
I tried to take pictures often to document but I did miss some days.